A new month a new project! I’m joining three very awesome ladies on a business adventure this month. Jackie, Lesley, Sherisa and I are working with each other to really step up our businesses this year. We’ll be swapping blog posts with each other, and I hope you join us along the way.
To get started, here’s a bit about where I am. I started Ankara & Lace in 2010 on nothing short of a whim. It turns out, whims don’t get you very far and here I am, nearly two years later and totally stalled, on the side of the road, watching fumes escape the business, so to speak. I need a jump start, badly. When Sherisa approached me with this idea earlier this year, it was just the push I needed to get Ankara & Lace rolling again.
Over the next 12 months, I want to take Ankara & Lace from a tiny, slow one-sale-a-month operation to a vibrant business. Here are my SMART goals for 12 months from now:
1. Have a solid business and marketing framework written down.
2. Make $5000 monthly in retail and wholesale.
3. Serve 100 customers monthly.
4. Have 5000 people on the Ankara & Lace email list
5. Have a complete branding and identity system for marketing purposes in place.
I’ve learned a lot over the past four years working and hustling full time and one of the most powerful lessons is that small steps add up to gigantic leaps. So here are the small steps I’m taking over the next three months and during the month of March.
Three months from now I will have
1. Drafted a business and marketing plan.
2. Launched the Spring/Summer Line.
3. Served 30 new customers.
4. Pitched 50 media outlets.
And by the end of March I will have
1. Completed production on the Spring/Summer pieces
2. Completed branding and photography for Spring/Summer
3. Pitched 20 media outlets